So many of us are struggling right now with feeling overwhelmed with the current state of affairs & some of us have felt the affects on our confidence within ourselves. I get it—self-confidence takes effort sometimes, especially when you are not doing the things you have been used to be doing whether it’s working out, spending time with friends or even going to classes. Some of the most basic things help build our confidence and we do not realize it until those things are missing.
I have compiled a list of ideas for you to help increase your sense of self-confidence in a creative way to get you up and moving around to combat the woes of life.
1. Create a Vision Board: collect quotes, pictures, poems, motivating items that represent you as a person to put together a collage to speak to who you are. Some people do them for weight loss or job searches or weddings. You can do one for who you are and the strengths you have.
2. Post it Notes: Take a stack of post-it notes and jot down positive traits you have on each note. Think of what friends, family, teachers, and others would say about you in a positive light. Then sprinkle them around your bathroom or bedroom mirror so you can see them every day and recite them out loud to yourself. It may feel strange at first-but it is powerful!
3. Grateful Journal: Create a daily journal in a notebook where you can list 3 things from the day that you are grateful for. It can be the tiniest of things like the mailman did not bring any bills today or they played my favorite movie on tv-keep it simple but creative!
4. Exercise: This is HUGE! Doing some form of activity will boost your serotonin levels & make you feel better overall. This will lead to you feeling better about yourself. You will feel a sense of accomplishment and motivated to do more. Get in 15 to 20 minutes a day if you can!
5. Self-care: This is probably the most important. Taking care of yourself is something few of us do on a day to day basis. We may splurge and do a massage or pedicure or go hang with friends from time to time but what do we do on a daily basis? Self-care is REALLY important to improving your self-confidence. Who is a better cheerleader for you than you? Doing things like binge watching on a Netflix series or Face Timing with a friend-spending time reading a book you’ve been wanting to dive into or even taking a hike. Doing something that is just for YOU.
I hope these ideas have been helpful to you! Feel free to comment below if you have any questions or if you’ve tried any and want to leave any feedback!